When it comes to culture, we’re interested in lots of it… music, art, sports, and most of all, food. Here’s what we’re into this week:
1. 16 Things You Didn’t Know About Avocados | Lucky Peach
Avocados, we just can’t quit you. From their nutrient-packed nature to their smooth flavor and buttery appeal, there’s a lot to love — and even more to learn — about this dietary mainstay.
2. What Is Mushroom Coffee, And Should You Drink It? | Food Republic
If you’re trying to reap more health benefits from your daily cup of joe, the answer might just be mushroom coffee. Entrepreneur and 13th-generation farmer Tero Isokauppila is on a mission to find the healthiest java out there, and he’s asking you to join him for the ride.
3. 5 Citrus Fruits to Brighten Your Days | Food52
The winter blahs are real, which is why we’ve got an eye out for anything that can infuse our days with some much-needed brightness. Currently, the color and flavor of citrus fruits is what’s doing the trick. If you need us, we’ll be over here pounding pomelos ‘til April.
4. Wine and Cheese is Even Easier with Cheese Shot Glasses | Food and Wine
It’s 2017 and shot glasses made of cheese are apparently a thing now. If you’re looking to get creative with your favorite vino pairing, call on these edible wine vehicles can add an element of fun to your next home tasting.
5. 12 Waffles That Are Too Beautiful To Believe | BuzzFeed
Two words: churro waffles. We’d say more, but the pictures say it all.