The ultimate it-just-looks-complicated recipe. AKA a more sophisticated take on the classic hummus-and-chips party snack.
Hummus with Harissa Broccoli, Toasted Pine Nuts, and Crispy Shallots
Prep Time:20 minutes
Bake Time:15 minutes
- 1 large package CAVA Traditional Hummus
- 1 package CAVA Harissa
- 1-2 shallots, finely chopped and fried until crispy
- 1-2 heads of broccoli, cut into small florets
- ⅓ cup pine nuts, quickly toasted on a hot skillet
- Olive oil
- Crumbled feta
- Endives, washed and quartered, leaves separated
- Radishes, washed and halved
- Cucumbers, washed and sliced
- Pretzels, pita chips, or crackers
Mix 3 tablespoons of CAVA Harissa with one tablespoon of olive oil. Mix well, and pour over broccoli florets. Toss so that the florets are fully covered with Harissa mix, and transfer to a parchment-lined baking sheet. Roast. After 10 minutes of roasting, toss the florets to ensure that all sides get crisped. Roast for a total of 15-20 minutes, or until the broccoli florets have crisped.
In a large, shallow bowl, spread CAVA Traditional Hummus with a spoon, creating a well in the middle. Spread roasted broccoli, crispy shallot bits, and toasted pine nuts, and finish with a drizzle of olive oil and crumbled feta on top.
Serve with sliced cucumbers, radishes, endives, pretzels — or any other favorite hummus vehicle.
Purchase our line of dips and spreads at your area Whole Foods or other area specialty market. Click here to find the one that’s closest to you.