One of our favorite warm-weather rituals is heading to the farmers’ market on Saturday or Sunday mornings — and our Chef Dimitri Moshovitis is a great resource to help us with the “what to do with all that beautiful produce” question.
Here are Chef D’s 5 summer farmers’ market picks and his favorite ways to enjoy them:
1. Peas | Cook these with a little butter, some local bacon, and fresh mint.
2. Heirloom Tomatoes | Pair with a sprinkle of sea salt, creamy buratta, and olive oil.
3. Strawberries | They’re just so sweet this time of year — and they go well with feta.
4. Peaches | Grill these and serve with mozzarella, toasted walnuts, good local honey, and fresh thyme.
5. Sweet Corn | These beauties go great on the grill or off the cob in a nice salad.