Happy Friday! Here’s our top V/5 for the week:
1) 5 Flavor Brighteners to Buy Right Now | Food52
Forget bland, repetitive meals: Next time you feel like something’s missing from your plate, reach for these five flavorful condiments & add-ins that really pack a punch. We promise – they’re worth the purchase.
2) Harissa Shakshuka with Crazy Feta | Cava Grill on Tumblr
We’ve had shakshuka, a savory North African egg dish, on our radar for a few years now — but shakshuka with the fiery kick of harissa and the punchy spice of Crazy Feta is a whole different ball game.
3) Last-Second Substitutions and Kitchen Hacks That’ll Save the Day | Bon Appetit
Try using leftover french fries for morning hash browns, or using a crusty baguette, crackers, or even potato chips for breadcrumbs. It’s all about getting the most out of what you already have.
4) How to Make a Great Smoothie Without a Recipe | Food52
Need a reminder that spring is coming even though you’re still sporting your winter jacket? Good, us too. Let’s brighten up the last few days of winter by making a fresh smoothie. Add nut butter for extra fiber and protein; throw in some berries to mask the kale-y taste – the possibilities are endless.
5) Last-Minute Spring Break Trips, Away From The Party-Set | New York Times
While our interns are having a blast in Miami or Punta Cana, we’re looking for a spring warm-up somewhere a little off the beaten track. If you’re scrambling to find last-minute destinations, these suggestions from seasoned travel agents are a great place to start.